FIFE COUNTY LADIES GOLF ASSOCIATION
1. The name of the Association shall be ‘Fife County Ladies Golf Association’.
2. Objects – the objects for which the Association is established are:
a. To commit to encouraging the participation in and the development of golf in the county of Fife (the County), by providing training for junior girls and ladies, particularly those aspiring to play for the Fife County Teams and for National or International honours;
b. To arrange and hold golf competitions and matches for its members and provide prizes and awards there for;
c. To co-operate with any other County Association whose objects are altogether or in part similar to those of this Association; and
d. To do all such other things the Association may consider to be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects as stated in (a), (b) and (c) above.
3. Membership – (1) By Birth, (2) Any member of a recognised golf club within the County, on payment of current entrance fee, (3) with a maximum handicap of 36.
4. Membership of the Association is restricted to 250 members plus honorary, non-playing and junior members. Members 80 years old on 1st January and with 25 years continuous years membership will be granted Life Membership. All applications for membership to be made on an official application form. If membership be fully subscribed, names will be placed on a waiting list except for those with handicap of six or under to be admitted automatically.
5. The annual subscription for playing, non-playing, intermediate and junior members shall be payable on 1st January. Any member failing to pay her subscription by 1st March shall cease to be a member of the Association. Resignation in writing must be submitted by 31st December.
6. The management of the Association shall be in the hands of the office-bearers and a committee of six members.
7. The office-bearers elected at the annual general meeting shall be (a) President, (b) Vice –President, (c) Captain, (d) Vice-Captain, (e) Honorary Secretary, (f) Honorary Treasurer, and (g) Junior Convenor.
The President shall hold office for not more than three years and shall not be eligible for immediate re-election. She may stay on committee for one year ex-officio.
The Captain and Vice-Captain shall hold office for not more than two years and shall not be eligible for immediate re-election.
All other office-bearers shall be elected annually.
8. The committee shall be made up of six members from different clubs. Two members shall retire annually in rotation and shall not normally be eligible for immediate re-election. Nominations for election of office-bearers and members of committee to be submitted in writing to the secretary 28 days before the annual general meeting.
The management committee shall have the right to co-opt members if necessary.
9. The annual general meeting shall be held in October.
10. Extraordinary general meetings may be held whenever the management committee deems it necessary or by a requisition signed by at least 20 members, not more than 10 of which shall be from one club.
11. The Association’s financial year shall end on 31st July. The accounts shall be audited annually.
12. Competitions shall be in accordance with :
(a) The Rules of Golf as approved by the R and A Rules Ltd.
(b) The provisions of the Council of National Golf Unions (CONGU) Unified Handicapping System.
(c) Any relevant regulations of Scottish Golf Ltd.
(d) The Regulations or Conditions of Competition established by the committee.
13. County Championship: The 16 lowest scratch scores returned at the Spring Meeting shall qualify for the match play stages of the County Championship. In the event of a tie for 16th place, this shall be decided on the last nine, six, three or one holes.
14. Junior Section: The Association shall admit junior members under the same age qualifications as for the Scottish Girls’ Championship. The subscription shall be decided at the Annual General Meeting and no entrance fee will be charged.
At an annual meeting for the junior members, the Patrick Trophy shall be awarded to the member returning the lowest scratch score and the Junior Cup shall be awarded to the member returning the lowest net score.
15. Intermediate Member: The Association shall admit Intermediate members ages 18 to 23. The subscription shall be decided at the Annual General Meeting and no entrance fee will be charged.
16. The Constitution shall not be altered unless three weeks’ notice of the proposed alteration be given to members. Any alterations shall have a two-thirds majority at a general meeting of a least 20 members.
17. Dissolution or Winding Up of Association: if upon dissolution or winding up of the Association there remains after the satisfaction of all debts or liabilities any property whatsoever shall be transferred either to any association to which the Association is affiliated or, to some other organisation having objects similar to the Association. This organisation shall be determined by the members at a general meeting.